November 13 Meeting

Thank you to Tasha, Elaine, Jean, and Carol for joining me for November's meeting.

Discussion of Enslaved by Ducks by Bob Tarte, the group reading selection for this month--
I am enjoying the book. I was hoping for something along the lines of Marley and Me it is not as entertaining as that book was, but it is well written and so far I have enjoyed it. I am about 3/4 done.
I can relate a lot because we have chickens and kittens.
I laughed out loud.  
I enjoyed the variety of personalities and how the wife (always bringing home animals from somewhere) is the opposite of the husband (never really wanted a pet).
I would recommend this book to my animal-loving family.
I find the book sort of annoying.
I like reading about the experience of having multiple animals in all kinds of varieties--not just dogs and cats.

Some book titles by Alex Kava--
A Perfect Evil (murder of three boys in Platte City)
A Necessary Evil (ritualistic murders of Catholic priests)
Stranded (truck stop serial killer)
One False Move (bank heist that leaves four dead)

Interested in reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card after seeing the movie.

A few suggestions for Christmas reading--
Two from Galilee: The Story of Mary and Joseph by Marjorie Holmes
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans

Our meetings set for 2014--February 12 (lunch meeting), March 20 (dinner meeting off-site), April 9 (lunch meeting), and May 14 (lunch meeting).  There are no meetings in December 2013 and January 2014.


Comments